Saturday, July 24, 2010

Last Day

24th July
At Sea
Best not to think about business. Why? Because.
We slept late and missed the main breakfast which is fine with me – a banana (required for my health) and coffee (required for my psyche) is all I need. The banana is conveniently located in our stateroom’s fruit bowl. The coffee has to wait while Fran does her morning ablutions. I’m not as addicted to coffee as I used to be; I don’t crazy having to wait.
I am not looking forward to the upcoming week. Because we come home on Sunday, I just kind of get thrown into things sort of like being tossed into the driver’s seat of a car already in motion on a highway. And of course, the reality of Tony’s not being there will be a hard shock to the system, especially since we will pay our respects to the family asap. The memorial is today, and we are both sorry to miss that.
Anyway, Monday will be get back to bills and work that might have piled up in my absence. Tuesday is what Tuesday always is – run from one appointment to the other. But Lu is throwing me a family birthday dinner at her house Tuesday night and it will be good to see Ed and the cousins and of course the kids and Gloria. She’s growing by leaps and bounds. They keep telling me on the phone that she is like a teenager now, but I can tell she is still my sweet little Glo with no inhibitions about telling me she has to say good-bye because she is watching something on tv. I suppose that could be a teenager as well. No matter. Everything she does is perfect.
Then the rest of week is all business—John business Friday and Workout business Thursday and actual business Wednesday.
Well, gather ye rosebuds while ye may…today the plans are to win the mega jackpot at bingo, to win the shoppers’ bonus at the shops on the ship and win the big jackpot in the slot machines. I mean – it has to be someone why not us? Because the odds are against us. Unlike in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment